Friday, January 24, 2014

If all you ever really do is the best you can

I'm no blogger... Well, I wasn't until just now. I'm not exactly the most creative person in the world. I usually just do a spin-off of some other piece of art I've seen, which ends up being something completely new because 1. I tried to recreate it and ruined it and 2. because everyones "brush stroke" is different. I guess that makes sense when it comes to art and life. Everyone has their own special things that they love or that they are good at. Not everyone knows what that is right away, you could spend all your life trying to figure it out. But while you are doing that, don't let the fact that everyone else knows what theirs is, keep you from being happy and living your life. I spent a lot of time feeling like I missed some sort of "bandwagon" that all of my other friends seemed to have taken part in. People still think I'm odd because I don't partake in drinking, drugs or sex. But its just not for me, and  I won't lie, its hard to not doubt yourself or want to give in, but lets be honest, the instant you forget who you are, stop standing up for what you believe in, or forget about your morals in general that nasty feeling you often get in your gut is always worse than that initial feeling of being "different." I just think that doing whatever it is that makes you happy should be enough. Who says you have to go out and be like everyone else? I mean, your friends liked you for who you were originally, right? And if they are your real friends they will continue to like you and respect you. If they don't, then maybe in the end figuring that out would be exactly what you needed. Don't let someone or something stop you from being you and accomplishing what you want.

If all you ever really do is the best you can, then you did it. What more could you or anyone else ask for?


Thats it for my first post, blessings to all!
 Lets see whats next!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Phallon. I knew you were a blogger at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete